24 January 2011

RICKY MARTIN CONFIRMED FOR EVITA ON BROADWAY!!!!

Rumors have been floating about for the last year, and now it has been confirmed that Ricky Martin will star as Che in the Broadway revival of Evita, opening Spring, 2012.

Argentine actress Elena Roger will star as Eva Peron, a role she played in London in 2006. Michael Grandage directed that production and will oversee the Broadway revival.

Martin said in a previous statement: I've been blessed with the opportunity to perform on many of the world's largest concert stages, but I've never lost my love for the intimacy of the theater. I'm delighted to know that after I've had the chance to share new music and tour over the coming year, that I will then return once again to Broadway. I'm looking forward to playing such an essential part in Michael Grandage's wonderful production and the chance to work with the tremendously talented Elena Roger."

No comments: